Flowerless Fudge Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional but good)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Or line with parchment, and grease the parchment.
2) Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth.
3) Drop the soft, batter-like dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 1/2″ circles; a tablespoon cookiescoop works well here.
4) Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
5) Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.